MAIN STREET AND RM 967 CLOSURE
Jan. 11 - Jan. 13
BUDA, TX — Due to ongoing construction, Main Street between Ash Street and Peach Street is expected to close beginning at 8 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 10 and will re-open by 5 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 13. This includes the intersection of Main Street and RM 967. Construction will occur overnight and through the weekend. In the event of inclement weather, plans are subject to change.
Southbound Main Street traffic will detour to San Antonio Street and then to San Marcos Street, where motorists can then turn west onto RM 967 or continue to Peach Street to return to Main Street.
Northbound Main Street traffic will detour to Peach Street and then to San Marcos Street, where motorists can then turn west onto RM 967 or continue towards San Antonio Street and back onto Main Street.
MAIN STREET CONSTRUCTION
WORK SHIFTS TO WEST SIDE OF MAIN — Jan. 13, 2020
Following the completion of the mill and overlay work on the east side of RM 967 and Main Street planned for this weekend, the traffic control plan for the project will be modified as TxDOT’s contractor Lonestar Siteworks moves to the next phase of the project.
A dedicated turn lane will open to traffic traveling north on Main Street and turning west (lest) on RM 967. The sidewalk on the east side of Main St. will also re-open for pedestrian access.
The intersection at RM 967 will reopen on Monday morning with limitations. The southbound lane of Main Street between Ash Street and Peach Street will remain closed to vehicular traffic during this phase.
Traffic will be directed as follows:
- Southbound Main Street traffic will continue to use the detour of San Antonio Street where travelers can then turn west onto RM 967 or continue to Peach Street to return to Main Street.
- Northbound Main Street traffic will be able to turn west (left) onto RM 967 or continue north on Main Street.
- Eastbound vehicles on RM 967 will be restricted to a left turn only onto north Main Street. No vehicles will be permitted to turn south (right) onto Main Street from RM 967.
- Business access will remain open through Ash St. for on-street parking and to access the parking lot located at 303 Main Street. Parking is also accessible in city-owned parking lots along Main St., San Antonio St. and on-street, where available.
- Truck traffic headed north on RM 967/Main Street should take FM 2770 to go west.
Pedestrians are encouraged to use the existing crosswalks at Elm Street on the north and Peach Street on the south to cross Main Street. Sidewalk access will be open on both the east and west side of Main Street for access to downtown businesses.
Law enforcement may be directing traffic during this traffic change. Please follow the detour signage in place and direction provided by law enforcement.
Please note that the schedule may change contingent upon weather.