Congratulations to our Employee of the Year, Deputy City Manager Micah Grau. Micah joined the City of Buda in January of 2017. Micah was instrumental in the move to the new City Hall in many ways. Micah has been known to help out a fellow employee sew buttons on their shirt before an important meeting, rescue staff when they cannot get into the building, assists with many IT issues, brings in the best decorated cookies for staff, volunteers his time at all City events and internal staff events.
In the almost 3 years since Micah has been with the City he has led:
• Ground Water Awareness
• Involved with Texas Arbor Day
• Lead us through the Legislative Day at the Capital
• Involved with our Emergency Management
• Engaged in Local Government Leaders
• Involved with our construction and Capital Projects
• Initiated and led Buda Trash Off and Community Clean
• Regional Air Quality Committee
• TML Excellence Award
• Sustainability Award from Texan Masonary Council
• Established work order systems for facilities and IT
Pictured Below: Vicki Fuchs, Human Resources Director, Micah Grau, Deputy City Manager, Kenneth Williams, City Manager
Congratulations to our Employee of the Quarter, Justin Wagner. Justin began in the Parks Department in June 2014 as a Parks Maintenance worker. Justin has been the Parks Crew leader for the past 3 years and is the go-to artistic talent for the Parks department. Justin has been instrumental in saving the City money on trail rebuilds like Stagecoach, Bradfield and Sportsplex. Justin always goes above and beyond with his team and fellow employees, never misses a deadline and goes the extra mile.
Pictured below: Vicki Fuchs, Human Resources Director, Justin Wagner, Parks and Recreation Crew Leader, Kenneth Williams, City Manager