Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Are you interested in learning how your city government operates? If the answer is yes, then we have a great opportunity for you. On Monday, July 22, registration opens for the City of Buda’s Citizens’ Academy. We invite citizens that live within the city limits of Buda to register and participate. There are only 30 slots available! This is first come, first serve. We like to keep the classes small in an effort to provide more one-on-one interaction with City staff.
This is a 12 week program beginning on Thursday, August 29 at Buda City Hall (405 E. Loop St., Building 100) from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Each week a different department will give a presentation on how they function, what services they provide to the citizens of Buda, and how they are funded. All classes will be on Thursday, except for the Public Works class which will be held on a Saturday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and the Fire Department class which will be held on a Wednesday, from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM at the Fire Department. One of the classes is a Buda City Council Meeting, which are on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm. At the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion during our Graduation Ceremony at the end of the 12 weeks.You must attend a minimum of 10 classes in order to receive a certificate.
Many of our former citizens’ academy graduates have gone on to serve on various city boards and commissions. Several of our past graduates have also been elected as city council members.
HOW TO REGISTER: http://ci.buda.tx.us/359/Buda-Citizens-Academy (The link to register will be active on Monday, July 22)
We need a minimum of 12 citizens to register in order to hold the classes, so come join us and learn about your city and have some fun too. You can register online, or come by City Hall and fill out an application. The deadline to register for the course is Friday, August 16.
The following is a sample of the subjects and activities that will be included:
· Meet the Mayor, Council Members and the City Manager
· Where does the money come from? Where does the money go?
· Planning and Development: growth management
· Capital Improvement Projects and Engineering
· Learn about the different boards and commissions you can join
· Parks and Recreation special events, recreation facilities, park tour, and rules and regulations
· What can I find and learn at the Buda Public Library?
· How does the city keep you and your loved ones safe?
· Fire and EMS Services
· Emergency Management
· What are we doing to help our city grow without losing our small town feel?For more information, please contact Isabel Fernandez or David Marino at 512-312-0084.