On Friday, June 21 starting at 5:00 AM, a traffic switch on FM 1626 will impact the intersections of RM 967 and FM 2770:
- The traffic switch will begin at 5 AM on Friday, 06/21.
- Northbound traffic will be shifted from FM 2770 to RM 967 onto the new pavement on the east side of the roadway.
- Southbound traffic and the center turn lane will remain on the existing pavement on the west side of the roadway throughout the day.
- Police Officers will be controlling the signals at FM 2770 and RM 967 throughout the day, in addition to the side roads as needed.
- Daytime construction operations will consist of moving traffic barrier for the next phase of construction.
- Once construction operations are complete, southbound traffic will be shifted onto the new pavement from FM 2770 to Old Black Colony Rd.
- North of Old Black Colony Rd., southbound traffic and the center turn lane will remain on the existing pavement.
- This configuration will be temporary, as construction will continue in the center of the northbound and southbound traffic from Old Black Colony Rd. to RM 967. Once the construction of the new roadway completed, southbound traffic and the center turn lane will be shifted onto the new pavement. This work is estimated to be completed prior to the start of school on August 15th.
For more information please check the project website at www.improve1626.com. Special thanks to the Office of Commissioner Mark Jones for putting together this information.