Starting Nov. 1, 2018, the City of Buda's S.T.A.R. (Seniors Taking A Ride) Program will add an extra day to its schedule. The S.T.A.R bus will now also provide services on Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The S.T.A.R Transportation Bus is ADA accessible and seats up to 11 riders. The van can seat two wheelchair passengers and has a wheelchair lift for boarding.
The ADA accessible bus was paid for with a Federal Transportation Agency grant, specifically for the city’s senior transportation service.
The S.T.A.R. Program provides the following services:
- Transportation for independent ambulatory seniors
- Service from rider’s curbside to their destination
- FREE for seniors (persons 60 years or older residing within Buda city limits)
- Service area includes Buda, Kyle, and San Marcos
- Destinations include grocery store, bank, hair salon, etc.
- Non-emergency/routine medical appointments
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:00 a.m. to Noon
Thursday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Reservations can be made 30 days in advance, with a MINIMUM OF 2 business days’ notice.
To schedule a ride or obtain additional information contact the City of Buda at 512-312-0084.
You can also schedule a ride online at www.ci.buda.tx.us/Star