Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
BUDA CITY COUNCIL UNANIMOUSLY APPROVES FISCAL YEAR 2018-2019 TAX RATE & BUDGET
BUDA, TX – The Buda City Council unanimously approved the Fiscal Year 2018-2019 Tax Rate and Budget at its September 18th meeting.
• The 2018-2019 Budget is a balanced budget that levies a property tax rate of $0.3710 per $100 per valuation. To learn more about the tax rate, please see the Fiscal Year 2018-2019 section.
• Includes a water rate increase of 2% and a wastewater rate increase of 3%.
• Includes 8 new employees (full-time equivalents) including new positions for police, parks, public works, finance, human resources, and the library.
• Major capital projects include:
o Completion of the 2014 Bond projects;
o Transportation Master Plan;
o Sportsplex upgrades;
o Remodel design of the former Buda Library;
o South Loop 4 lift station replacement and gravity interceptor extension; and
o Pavement management study.
• Funding for a commuter bus service through CAP METRO to begin in 2020.
Fiscal Year 2018-2019 Tax Rate
Total City Budget - $59,900,173
• Total Operating Budget: $35,256,382
• Total Capital Projects Funds: 24,643,791
FY 2018-2019 Budgeted Revenues and Expenditures
• Total Revenues: $32,949,168, excluding capital improvements
• Total Expenditures: $34,826,765, excluding capital improvements
• Budget includes the following expenditures:
• General Fund - $13,036,917
• Interest & Sinking - $7,541,898
• Water -$3,807,471
• Wastewater - $5,613,350
• Sanitation - $1,815,588
• Hotel/Motel - $1,258,079
• Other including LGC, Library Spec. Rev., etc. - $1,753,462
FY 2018-2019 Capital Improvements Expenditures
• Capital Improvements: $3,939,613
“Like last year, this budget is a conservative plan to improve our community and our workplace,” said City Manager Kenneth Williams. “It includes funding to maintain competitive salaries and benefits for retaining and attracting staff. It addresses public safety with the addition of three officer positions, increases the Parks Department staffing level by an additional two positions, increases funding to special events, and provides Public Works with an additional staff person, as well as software and other equipment it needs in order to continue to provide exceptional service to the residents of Buda. The budget also focuses on downtown by providing additional events and programs along the Main Street corridor,” said Williams.