CITY OF BUDA UNVEILS NEW ADA ACCESSIBLE ‘STAR’ BUS
Watch Video Here: City of Buda S.T.A.R. Bus Video
The City of Buda’s new STAR (Seniors Taking a Ride) Bus is now in service. The new ADA accessible bus was paid for with a Federal Transportation Agency grant, specifically for the City’s senior transportation service. The vehicle seats 11 riders and is wheelchair accessible (can seat two wheelchair passengers).
The STAR program is offered by the City to transport independent ambulatory seniors. Originally established as the Senior Transportation Program in 2005, our goal is to provide senior transportation to enhance the quality of life and promote independence for persons 60 years or older residing within the Buda city limits.
The Buda Task Force on Aging unveiled the new STAR Bus to the public at the Onion Creek Senior Center.
“This is such a beautiful van and it is going to be a great benefit to the City of Buda," said Buda Task Force on Aging Member Kathy Metzler. "It is accessible to citizens inside the city limits. It’s an ADA accessible van. There is room for two wheelchairs on board. There is plenty of seating."
Buda’s STAR Program provides the following:
· Transportation for independent ambulatory seniors
· Service from rider’s curbside to their destination
· FREE for seniors (persons 60 years or older residing within Buda city limits)
· Service area includes Buda, Kyle, and San Marcos
· Destinations include grocery store, bank, hair salon, etc.
· Non-emergency/routine medical appointments
· Services provided MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, and FRIDAY from 8:00 a.m. to Noon
Reservations can be made 30 days in advance, with a MINIMUM of 2 business days’ notice.
To schedule a ride or obtain additional information, contact the City of Buda at 512-312-0084. You can also schedule a ride online at www.ci.buda.tx.us/Star.