CITY OF BUDA TO UNVEIL NEW ADA ACCESSIBLE ‘STAR’ BUS
The City of Buda’s new STAR (Seniors Taking a Ride) Bus is ready to hit the road. The new ADA accessible bus was paid for with a Federal Transportation Agency grant, specifically for the City’s senior transportation service. The vehicle seats 11 riders and is wheelchair accessible (can seat two wheelchair passengers).
The STAR program is offered by the City to transport independent ambulatory seniors. Originally established as the Senior Transportation Program in 2005, our goal is to provide senior transportation to enhance the quality of life and promote independence for persons 60 years or older residing within the Buda city limits.
The Buda Task Force on Aging will unveil the new STAR Bus to the public at the Onion Creek Senior Center on Thursday, May 3, 2018. The bus will be on display from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
STAR Bus Unveiling
Buda Task Force on Aging
Thursday, May 3, 2018
Onion Creek Senior Center
420 Bartons Crossing
STAR Bus will be on display from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Buda’s STAR Program provides the following:
· Transportation for independent ambulatory seniors
· Service from rider’s curbside to their destination
· FREE for seniors (persons 60 years or older residing within Buda city limits)
· Service area includes Buda, Kyle, and San Marcos
· Destinations include grocery store, bank, hair salon, etc.
· Non-emergency/routine medical appointments
· Services provided MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, and FRIDAY from 8:00 a.m. to Noon
Reservations can be made 30 days in advance, with a MINIMUM of 2 business days’ notice.
To schedule a ride or obtain additional information, contact the City of Buda at 512-312-0084. You can also schedule a ride online at www.ci.buda.tx.us/Star.
The new STAR Bus will officially hit the streets on May 4.