The City of Buda’s Senior Transportation program has a new van and a new name. The new ADA accessible van was paid for with a Federal Transportation Agency grant, specifically for the City’s senior transportation service. The van seats 11 riders and is wheelchair accessible (can seat two wheelchair passengers).
The Senior Transportation Program (STP) is a program offered by the City to transport independent ambulatory seniors. The STP was established in 2005. Our goal is provide senior transportation to enhance the quality of life and promote independence for persons 60 years or older residing within the Buda city limits.
With the new van, also comes a new name for the program. The City’s Task Force on Aging was tasked with designating a name for the service and recommended Buda’s STAR (Seniors Taking a Ride) Program. The van will be ready for passengers in a few weeks. At that time we will schedule an unveiling for the public. In the meantime, we will continue to use our existing van.
Buda’s STAR Program provides the following:
· Transportation for independent ambulatory seniors
· Service from rider’s curbside to their destination
· FREE for seniors (persons 60 years or older residing within Buda city limits)
· Service area includes Buda, Kyle, and San Marcos
· Destinations include grocery store, bank, hair salon, etc.
· Non-emergency/routine medical appointments also included
· Services provided MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, and FRIDAY from 8:00 a.m. to Noon
Reservations can be made 30 days in advance, with a MINIMUM of 2 business days’ notice.
To schedule a ride or obtain additional information, contact the City of Buda at 512-312-0084.