7:10 - So far, there are no road closures in Buda.
Our public works crew and our police officers are keeping an eye on the roads. Public works is ready to sand the roads if necessary.
WINTER STORM WARNING
A winter storm warning is in effect until 6 p.m. today.
* WHAT...Significant ice accumulations of 1/10 inch expected with isolated amounts of 1/4 inch or more. Snow accumulations of less than 1/2 inch. The ice will result in difficult travel
conditions, including during the morning commute.
* WHERE...Portions of south central Texas.
* WHEN...Until 6 PM.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Northerly winds of 15 to 30 mph and gusty will create additional hazardous conditions and cause wind chill values to be in the single digits and teens.
With the anticipated freezing temperatures, it is important to keep your water pipes from freezing. Freezing pipes can bust and be very expensive to replace. It's a good idea to drip your faucets and wrap all exposed pipes. Below are some additional tips to keep in mind.
Keep the heat turned on
Allow faucets to drip
Keep interior doors open
Seal up cracks and holes
Apply heating tape
Add extra insulation
It is also very important that your pets have appropriate shelter from the freezing temperatures. As part of our Animal Ordinance, we've included the animal care portion below.
Sec. 4.04.005 Animal care
(f) An animal’s owner shall provide the animal with shelter that:
(1) Is large enough for the animal to enter, stand, turnaround, and lie down in a natural manner; a structure with three sides, a roof and a floor that prevents rain or other precipitation from entering; or a structure of dome, or other, shape with a floor that provides the animal with shelter from all weather conditions;
(2) Keeps the animal dry;
(3) Provides the animal with natural or artificial shade from direct sunlight;
(4) Protects the animal from excessive heat and cold and other adverse weather conditions
(5) Is adequately ventilated; and
(6) Large livestock shall be exempted.
Due to the inclement weather for Tuesday 1/16/18, Texas Disposal Systems (TDS) may experience trash and recycle service delays in some areas. TDS will make every attempt to service customers as scheduled as weather permits. If you have additional questions, please contact TDS through their customer care department at 1-800-375-8375 or at email@example.com. There is also the possibility of inclement weather on Thursday 1/18/18 that may cause trash and recycle delays.
CITY OF BUDA OFFICES CLOSED
All City of Buda Offices, including the Buda Public Library, will be closed on Tuesday, Jan. 16 due to the expected inclement weather. The City Council meeting scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 16 has been rescheduled to Thursday, Jan. 18 at 6:30 p.m.
HAYS CISD CLOSED
Due to inclement weather, all Hays CISD campuses are closed and activities are canceled on Tuesday, January 16, 2018. For more detailed information about inclement weather planning, please visit www.hayscisd.net/weather.
BUDA CONNECT APP
We recently re-launched our new and improved Buda Connect mobile app solution.
This new digital tool will provide you with a better connection to the local resources, news, city alerts, and information you want and need when on-the-go and out in our community.
*Note: If you have previously downloaded an older version of our mobile app on your Apple or Android device, you will need to delete the app and download this new version.*
To download the app on the Apple® device:
Click here (https://apple.co/2zezxF9) or search the name “CivicMobile” in the iTunes® App Store.
Make sure to choose “CivicMobile” and not the “CivicMobile
Preview” or “CivicMobile Demo.”
Once the CivicMobile app is downloaded, you may search Buda or use the ‘Find My Location’ feature to find our Buda Connect app.
Once you’ve selected Buda during this first use, it will open the Buda Connect mobile app each time the app is used.
If you have an Android device, visit the Google PlayTM store and search for Buda Connect.
Download the app today and connect with the City of Buda!
Android ( http://bit.ly/2Dbpgwo)
For more information regarding the Buda Connect mobile app,