WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 PM TUESDAY
TRAVEL IS HIGHLY DISCOURAGED - Our Public Works Department will be prepping for the winter weather.
The National Weather Service in Austin/San Antonio has issued a Winter Storm Warning for freezing rain and sleet, which is in effect from midnight tonight to 6 PM CST Tuesday.
* WHAT...Significant icing possible. The ice will result in dangerous travel conditions for late Monday night through the day on Tuesday. Total ice accumulations of up around one tenth of an inch are expected with isolated totals up to one quarter inch.
* WHERE...All of South Central Texas
* WHEN...From late Monday night through Tuesday evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...In addition to the wintry precipitation and the impacts of accumulating freezing rain, sleet, and snow, the temperatures will be very cold. Temperatures will drop into the upper 20s by Tuesday afternoon and with strong north winds windchill values could drop into the teens. Overnight Tuesday into Wednesday as temperatures continue to drop some single digit windchill values will be possible in the Hill Country.
* TIMING...12 AM through 6 PM Tuesday
* MAIN IMPACT...Hazardous travel conditions