On Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 23), the Buda Turkey Trot 5K run/walk will take place in Buda. While there are no road closures, we want you to be aware that a large number of people will be running/walking.
The main race will start and finish in the same place, which will be the south entry gate of City Park on San Antonio St. The race will start at 9:30 a.m., but registration and packet pick up will open at 8:00 a.m.
Duration of Event: 8:00 AM - Noon
Here's a look at the route:
- Runners will head south on San Antonio St. and take a quick right turn onto San Antonio St. going west to San Marcos St.
- At San Marcos St., participants will turn right onto the dirt road and into City Park.
- Participants will take the dirt road about 150 feet and through the gate into City Park and onto the running path going east toward the pavilion and back to San Antonio St.
- At San Antonio St. participants will turn left onto Garison Rd. going north.
- Participants will take Garison Rd. 1.15 miles over Onion Creek until it dead ends at the turnaround.
- Participants will return back down Garison Rd. going south back to City Park.
- After reaching the intersection of San Antonio and Main St., participants will continue down Main St., on the wide sidewalk on the east side of the street, until reaching Elm St.
- Participants will take a right (west) on Elm St. until it reaches Ash St.
- At Ash St. participants will take a right to San Antonio St.
- Participants will turn right at San Antonio St. and head east toward San Antonio St. (north)
- At San Antonio St. participants will take a left back to the finish line.
- Participants will finish the race in the exact same spot they started and run into the grass area and to the Pavilion.