BUDA TRAIL OF LIGHTS DRIVE THRU
A holiday tradition in Buda is just around the corner. The City is gearing up for the 12th Annual Trail of Lights event! As with all City events in 2020, things will look a little different this year. In an effort to limit the gathering of large crowds and to keep our staff safe, we are hosting a drive-thru experience for this year’s Trail of Lights! You will get to experience all of the fun displays and lights from the safety of your vehicle.
12th Annual Trail of Lights
December 5 & 6, 10-13, 17-20
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Historic Stagecoach Park
We have included a map of this year’s route below. The route begins on Hawk Lane at the entrance to Stagecoach Park & Visitor’s Center and winds its way around to Loop Street where motorists will exit back on to Main Street. Keep in mind that this is the traffic flow map and not the display map. Displays may not line the entire route. To ensure safe entry into the park, traffic will only be allowed to enter from the westbound lanes of Main. Eastbound traffic will not have a turning lane into the park. Buda PD will be on hand to direct traffic.
Information for Display Set-Up and Sponsors
12th Annual Trail of Lights | December 5-6, 10-13, and 17-20 | 6:00-10:00p | Historic Stagecoach Park | FREE Display Spaces
The biggest event of the holiday season is just around the corner! Join us in celebrating the holidays and show off your creativity by registering for a space at the 12th Annual Trail of Lights in Historic Stagecoach Park. We accept businesses, organizations, and other groups who enjoy creating and designing holiday light displays. In an effort to limit large crowds of people as well as keep our staff safe, we are hosting a drive-thru experience for this year's Trail of Lights! This not only mimics what other cities in the area are doing but allows visitors to view displays from the comfort of their cars, thus further promoting health and safety during this challenging time.
For your convenience, I’ve included a map of the route for this year so you can get a better sense of the overall layout of the event- as mentioned, the entire duration of the Trail is drive-thru only so please be mindful of that when planning your display. If your business and/or organization would like to have a display this year, please read the details below and register by November 15th. Set up willbegin November 8th and end November 22nd. There will be NO exceptions for set-up extensions this year. All displays not in place by November 22nd will lose their spot on the Trail and be replaced. Once your application is received and reviewed, Staff will notify you of your placement.
- Display space is FREE and electricity is provided (via one extension cord)
- Spaces are approximately 20’ X 20’. Please note: decorations must be sturdy enough to withstand changeable outdoor weather which may include strong winds and rain.
- Since one electrical plug is provided (extension cord), it is required that you use LED lights for your display. This will allow you to have up to 2,500 individual lights plugged-in depending upon display configuration and products used. We strongly encourage you to have as many lights as possible in your display and we reserve the right to require more lights to be added to a display. Participants not cooperating with event rules will be required to remove their displays.
Click Here to Reserve a Space
Sponsorship Opportunities and Benefits:
Support this year's Trail of Lights by becoming a sponsor! By sponsoring this event, you are helping us provide a free, holiday event for residents of Buda and the surrounding areas while also promoting your business or organization. Sponsorship registration and payment deadline is November 22nd. If you would like to have a display at Trail of Lights, set up will begin November 8th and end on November 22nd. There will be NO exceptions for set-up extensions this year. All displays not in place by November 22nd will lose their spot on the trail and be replaced. Check out the details below for more information!
- $100-$1,500+ Sponsorship Donation (same benefits for any amount given)
- All Sponsors will have their business/organization logo placed on all event banners.
- Sponsors may have a display on the trail but participation is not required in order to receive benefits
- Sponsors who are not participating with a display may drop off a yard sign with their business/organization logo to City Hall and PARD Staff will place in front of a departmental display.
Click Here To Register As A Sponsor
We hope to see you at this year's Trail of Lights!