This is peak lawn watering season. Ensuring your irrigation system is properly working and following the recommended watering schedule will not only save water, but will save you money. Check out the irrigation tips below.
- CHECK THE CONTROLLER - make sure the date, time, and system settings are correct. Replace the battery backup annually.
- CHECK FOR OBSTRUCTIONS - remove any dirt, debris, grass, or plants that are obstructing a sprinkler head.
- CHECK SPRINKLER ALIGNMENT AND SPRAY DIRECTION - make sure sprinklers are flush with the soil surface and not tilted. Adjust nozzles that are spraying the sidewalk/street
- CHECK FOR WEAR AND TEAR - replace worn or broken nozzles, valves, and pipes. Inspect valves closely to ensure proper function.
- CHECK WATER PRESSURE - ideal systems operate between 40-60 psi (pressure per square inch). Misting water indicates high pressure and the need for a pressure regulator.
- IRRIGATION AUDIT - have a licensed irrigator perform an irrigation audit on your system to maximize your water and money savings.
- FOLLOW THE WATER CONSERVATION ORDINANCE - watering is prohibited between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. year-round.