Main Street Improvement Project Update
Aug. 4, 2020
- Phase I (southern half of Main Street) is complete!
- The efforts of Cox Commercial Construction over the past several weeks resulted in the completion of Phase I ( the southern half of Main Street from Railroad to the divide on the east end.)
- The major activities completed include:
- Milling and partial excavation of the full length
- New curb and gutters
- Drainage improvements
- New water and wastewater lines
- New sidewalks and pedestrian lighting
- Phase II (northern half of Main Street) begins this Thursday, Aug. 6, 2020 and will last approximately 110 days.
- The traffic pattern will shift to two-way traffic on the south side this Wednesday, Aug. 5 and will include road surface painting and marking for traffic control
- Traffic signal lights will change to align to the traffic lanes
- Erosion control measures will be completed by this weekend
- Milling of the northern half will begin on Monday, Aug. 10
- Excavation for the new 24” effluent force main will begin on Tuesday, Aug. 11
- Phase III of the project (full-width 2” surface overlay from Ash Street to the O’Reilly’s Auto Parts driveway) is expected to begin shortly after the Thanksgiving holiday.