Governor Greg Abbott has announced additional openings and revisions as part of Phase III of his Open Texas plan. Below we have included a list of the latest openings that includes amusement parks, fine arts performance halls, outdoor events, and more. For a detailed list at these opening and other revisions to the Open Texas plan please visit Governor Abbott’s Website at https://open.texas.gov/.
- Amusement parks contained in counties with less than 1,000 cumulative positive cases of COVID-19 may operate up to 50% of the normal operating limits as determined by the amusement park operator. Effective June 19, 2020, all amusement parks may operate at up to 50% of the normal operating limits as determined by the amusement park operator.
- Effective June 10, 2020, fine arts performance halls may operate in Texas. Fine arts performance halls may operate indoors up to 50% of the total listed occupancy; there is no occupancy limit on fine arts performance halls operating outdoors, however, 6 feet distancing between groups is needed and groups cannot exceed 10 persons. The performance hall’s employees and contractors are not counted towards the 50% occupancy limitation.
- Effective June 3, 2020, on-set/on-location media production may operate provided they can ensure at least 6 feet social distancing while working and comply with other safety recommendations. Because of the proximity between individuals and the collaborative nature of media production, stringent compliance with these protocols is strongly recommended.
- Outdoor events, such as July 4 celebrations and other large outdoor gatherings with estimated attendance of 500 or more, are permissible to hold in Texas. The county judge or the mayor, as appropriate, in coordination with the local public health authority, may decide if a particular event should be modified or the occupancy further limited based on the facts and circumstances of the event and COVID-19 in the particular jurisdiction.
- Effective June 10, 2020, video game facilities may operate up to 50% of their total listed occupancy. Video game facilities must ensure at least 6 feet social distancing between operating machines.
- Valet parking is allowed, but employees must follow health protocols. This includes being trained on appropriate cleaning and disinfection, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette.