Governor Abbott has expanded openings to include indoor and outdoor waterparks, driving schools, and food courts. You can find more information on the governor’s website here:
Now in Effect
- Driving schools may operate up to 25% of their total listed occupancy for classroom instruction.
- Driving schools must ensure at least 6 feet social distancing between students and instructors except when receiving in-car instructions or if participating in a DPS road test.
- Food Courts can now open. Malls must ensure proper social distancing, limit tables to no more than six people and clean tables after each use.
Expanded Openings - May 29
- Indoor waterparks may operate up to 25% of the total listed occupancy.
- Outdoor waterparks may operate up to 25% of the normal operating limits as determined by the waterpark operator.
- Waterpark operators must close any components of the waterpark that have interactive functions or exhibits, including child play areas, amusement, and video game areas.
Expanded Openings - May 31
- Adult recreational sports may begin holding practices without spectators.
- Those sports may begin holding games or similar competitions, with or without spectators, on or after June 15, 2020.
- Spectators should maintain at least 6 feet social distancing from individuals not within the spectator’s group.