Baylor Scott & White Health Increasing COVID-19 Testing, Treatment Options in Hays County
Convenient drive-thru specimen collection now available with pre-screening requirement
BUDA, Texas (May 14, 2019) – Baylor Scott & White Health is expanding access to COVID-19 testing and treatment options in Hays County.
Beginning this week, Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Buda is adding a drive-thru specimen collection site and increasing resources to better serve the needs of the community.
Those who have questions or concerns about their risk of infection with COVID-19 can visit Baylor Scott & White’s free online screening questionnaire at MyBSWHealth.com and on the MyBSWHealth app, which can be easily downloaded by texting BETTER to 88408. Patients can also visit with a Buda-based provider through a video visit.
After a consultation, a provider may send a patient for specimen collection, which could include use of the new drive-thru site. Patients must first take the online questionnaire or visit with a Baylor Scott & White provider to receive guidance before arriving to a site for specimen collection.
This process is for patients not experiencing a medical emergency. In the event of an emergency, call 911 or visit the nearest emergency department.
In addition to testing, Baylor Scott & White has recently launched a COVID-19 home monitoring digital care journey, enabled through the MyBSWHealth app or website, which will also be offered to those diagnosed with COVID-19 so they can be supported by Baylor Scott & White care teams while quarantined.
COVID-19 Testing of Patients Prior to Surgeries at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Buda
The new specimen collection site is also being used for patients returning to Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Buda for non-COVID-19 related care. New measures and protections are in place across Baylor Scott & White hospitals, surgery centers and clinics, in accordance with CDC guidance and recommendations by our clinical team:
- COVID-19 testing of patients deemed appropriate through individual case review prior to in-hospital surgeries; patient swabs collected via convenient drive-thru locations
- Virtual waiting rooms, allowing clinic patients and loved ones of hospital or surgery center patients to receive updates about their care via calls and text messaging, minimizing time in common areas
- Virtual care options provided to patients before and after surgeries and procedures when appropriate, simplifying the experience
- Masking of patients, approved visitors and staff in hospitals, surgery centers and clinics
- Enhanced cleaning and touch-free protocols in hospitals, surgery centers and clinics, including UV-light disinfection and paperless registration
- COVID-19 home monitoring digital care journey, enabled through our MyBSWHealth app or website, to be offered to those diagnosed with COVID-19 so they can be supported by our care teams while quarantined
For more about Baylor Scott & White’s COVID-19 Safe Care and to schedule a visit, go to BSWHealth.com/SafeCare or simply download our MyBSWHealth app by texting SAFECARE to 88408.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Buda is located at 5330 Overpass Road, Buda, TX 78610.
About Baylor Scott & White Health
As the largest not-for-profit health system in the state of Texas, Baylor Scott & White Health promotes the health and well-being of every individual, family and community it serves. An integrated care delivery network, the system includes the Scott and White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research Institute and Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance. Through 52 hospitals and more than 1,100 access points including flagship academic medical centers in Dallas and Temple, the system offers the full continuum of care, from primary to award-winning specialty care, throughout Texas, and via virtual touchpoints. If its service area were a state, it would be the eighth largest, providing care to a population larger than that of the state of Georgia. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, Baylor Scott & White is proud to honor its century-long legacy through its commitment to improving accessibility, affordability and the customer experience for all. For more information, visit BSWHealth.com
# # #