MAYOR HAEHN AMENDS ORDER
TO MIRROR GOVERNOR ABBOTT’S REOPEN TEXAS PLAN
BUDA, TX - May 1, 2020 - Mayor George Haehn has amended his April 21, 2020 order to mirror the Executive Orders to reopen Texas issued by Governor Greg Abbott on Monday, April 27.
Here are the key points of Mayor Haehn’s May 1, 2020 Amended Order.
(Mayor Haehn Amended Order - May 1, 2020
City of Buda Parks and HOA Managed Parks
- All park restrooms will open to the public no later than Tuesday, May 5. Parks staff will clean restrooms daily. Water fountains, including at the Buda Dog Park, will remain closed. Please bring your own water.
- Jackson Tyler Norris Skatepark will open to the public no later than Tuesday, May 5. Please follow social distancing guidelines.
- Soccer and softball fields will open to the public no later than Tuesday, May 5, but citizens may not congregate in groups larger than 4. This also applies to HOA-managed fields.
- All other sports fields, playscapes, basketball courts, and other facilities remain closed to the public until further notice. This also applies to HOA-managed parks.
- Reservations of any parks facility, open or closed, are not allowed. Any existing reservations of these facilities are cancelled. Members of the public will need to cancel or postpone any events at City parks or HOA-managed parks.
- Trails, green spaces, and tables in both City parks and HOA-managed parks remain open. Please observe social distancing guidelines while using park trails, green spaces, and tables.
- The opening of Green Meadows Splash Pad is delayed until further notice. Splash pads at HOA-managed parks will also remain closed.
Retail Businesses and Social Distancing Procedures
- Retailers must mark the floor at six-foot (6”) intervals at registers or other areas where lines are formed to ensure that customers maintain a safe distance from one another.
- Retailers must post notice of a “stand-off” rule, which requires customers to maintain a distance of six feet (6”) from one another as much as is practicable.
“As we take the first steps in reopening Buda, it is important that we continue making decisions that protect the health and well-being of our citizens and first-responders,” said Mayor George Haehn. “While the Governor’s Reopen Texas Plan allows some businesses to open at 25% occupancy, we urge Buda citizens to take all of the necessary precautions to protect themselves. It is strongly recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that facial masks are worn in public to keep yourself and others safe. Please continue practicing social distancing by maintaining at least 6 feet separation from anyone outside of your household. It is also important to wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer when you are entering a business, interacting with employees, touching items, and paying for your purchases. If you are not feeling well, please stay home. For vulnerable citizens, including anyone over the age of 65, it is still recommended that you stay home as much as possible. ”
View the Governor’s Executive Orders:
GA-18: Relating to the expanded reopening of services as part of the safe, strategic plan to Open Texas in
response to the COVID-19 disaster.
GA-19: Relating to hospital capacity during the COVID-19 disaster.
GA-20: Relating to expanding travel without restrictions as part of the safe, strategic plan to Open Texas in response to the COVID-19 disaster.
For non-emergency questions about COVID-19 please call the Hays County COVID-19 Hotline at 512-393-5525.
For City of Buda information on COVID-19 please visit ci.buda.tx.us/coronavirusinformation.