Still Budaful Stimulus 2.0
Still Budaful Stimulus 2.0 Overview
On May 11, 2020, the Buda EDC Board of Directors awarded additional funds not to exceed $250,000 to launch a Still Budaful 2.0 Stimulus Program. The 2.0 Program expands on the vision of the Still Budaful Stimulus Program and broadens the eligibility criteria to accommodate more Buda businesses. The 2.0 Program will be administered by the Small Business Task Force.
Eligibility and Consideration:
Businesses wishing to apply for the 2.0 grant must meet the following criteria:
· Must be a registered business with the Texas Secretary of State and be in good standing; and
· Must be located within the City Limits of Buda; and
· Must have fewer than 50 employees; and
· Show loss of revenue of 25% or greater during the crisis period versus last year, or if it is a new business, show a loss of revenue of 25% or greater versus the previous 6-month average of monthly revenue; and
· Be in compliance with all City of Buda ordinances; and
· Be in good standing and not indebted to the City of Buda; and
· Be willing to provide follow up documents as requested
To expand on the goal of assisting businesses who have been negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Still Budaful 2.0 Stimulus Program removed the following requirements: 1) must be registered with the Texas Comptroller as a sales tax generating business and 2) must have a physical location.
All businesses who received grants in the first round are eligible for a second round of grants; however, the maximum amount any single business may be awarded for both rounds is a combined total of $5,000. No business will receive more than this maximum amount for the Still Budaful Stimulus Grants.
· Employee support (salaries, insurance, paid leave, etc.)
· Utilities (electricity, phone/internet, etc.)
· Purchase of supplies to offer alternative business access (curbside pickup, delivery, shipping)
· Purchase of COVID-19 supplies for business/customer protection/cleaning
· Additional expenses as a result of increased cost from suppliers or alternate suppliers
· Other business needs as approved by the Small Business Task Force
Please submit an application and supporting documentation online at www.stillbudaful.org. Applications will be accepted from June 3, 2020 through June 10, 2020. All applications will be reviewed for eligibility determination. The week of June 15, 2020, all applicants will be considered simultaneously, notified of the award status and sent documents to complete.
Please fill out the application online at the website above and not via mail as the application may not be received in time to be considered. Fill out EVERY QUESTION in the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Answers such as “N/A” and the number or dollar value of zero (“0”) are acceptable responses if those questions do not apply to your business. Although not being requested at this time, you will need back-up documentation to support each numerical answer provided. For those who are submitting more than one business, an application for each business must be completed.
FIRST TIME APPLICANTS will be required to complete a set of new vendor forms. These forms are necessary for the City of Buda to process your grant payment either by check or direct deposit. Please return these fully executed forms within 1-2 days of receipt. RETURNING APPLICANTS will be processed through the same vendor request forms provided previously, so there is no need to return another set of forms.
The Task Force will meet to discuss and vote on the grant awards the week of June 15, 2020. You will be asked to sign a performance agreement that will be emailed to you upon grant award by the Task Force. For RETURNING APPLICANTS, we will add the amount awarded from the first round to the second round award for the total amount of the award. Upon approval by the Task Force and the issuance of your second grant award, your final amount and executed performance agreement will be emailed to you for your records.
All applications will be scored and awarded an amount up to $5,000. Consideration will be given in the following priority levels: 1) businesses completely closed; 2) businesses partially closed; and 3) businesses open and considered essential.
Emergency Co-Marketing 2.0 Overview
The Buda Emergency Co-Marketing Grant 2.0 is expanding to assist small businesses with reopening. Tourism-related businesses are encouraged to promote their business to existing customers in Buda and attract new customers outside of Buda. If approved, a qualifying small business located within the Buda city limits, can be reimbursed for 100% of advertising costs up to $1,000 per business.
The Buda Emergency Co-Marketing Grant is available under the Still Budaful Stimulus Program. This Grant will aid tourism-related local businesses in their marketing efforts while recovering from the COVID-19 disaster.
Applications for this marketing program will be accepted through August 2020. The co-marketing fund is limited and is administered on a first-come, first-served basis. Only qualifying tourism-related businesses may apply for reimbursement.
- Business must be a registered business located within Buda City limits. Businesses located in the ETJ do not qualify.
- Business must apply for the grant prior to launching the advertisement.
- Businesses must be privately owned and must be in a tourism-service related industry to include retail, food, beverage, etc.
- Each business is eligible for 100% reimbursement for a maximum of $1,000.
- Qualifying advertisements include website creation, social media marketing, online marketing efforts, search engine optimization, and print media.
- Qualifying advertisements may target potential customers in Buda but must primarily target potential customers from outside of Buda City Limits.
- Applications will be reviewed at the time they are submitted.
- Qualifying advertisements can be combined to equal the maximum grant allowed (i.e. combining Impact Deals with Facebook ad).
- Advertising must promote tourism and meet the Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Code requirements:
- The expenditure must directly enhance and promote tourism and the convention and hotel industry
- Promote tourism in the City of Buda
- If approved, receipts must be turned in by August 31, 2020 to receive reimbursement. If the applicant fails to turn in receipts for an approved advertisement by this date, the application will expire and the applicant will no longer be able to collect on the reimbursement.
- Applicant submits application with copy of advertisement, target audience (must include audience outside of Buda city limits), and W-9 to staff for review. Advertisements unbecoming of the City of Buda will not be approved.
- The City Manager or his designee will review the completed application and proposed advertising. The applicant will be notified within 3-5 business days of submission if approved or denied.
- Once the advertisement has been paid for, the applicant will submit a copy of the receipt..
- Please allow up to two weeks for processing.