Water Sources

Where Do We Get Our Drinking Water?


Our drinking water is obtained from ground water and surface water sources. Our ground water comes from the Edwards Aquifer which currently supplies 75% of our water. This water is treated at each individual well site in the City of Buda. The remaining 25% comes from Canyon Lake via the Guadalupe River. This water is treated at the San Marcos Texas Surface Water Treatment Plant.

For information on the City of San Marcos water treatment, please call 512-393-8010 or view the San Marcos Water Quality report on their website:

San Marcos Water Quality Report
www.sanmarcostx.gov/departments/WWW